Sunday, May 20, 2007

Remembering

It has been three days since I’ve started in this job. I can’t help but remember countless things, persons and experiences as I tagged along with my officemates in the inventory of network equipment in UP Diliman campus. I visited UP Diliman few times before when we did library research when I was still in highschool. UP Diliman is very much like my beloved UPLB… the trees, buildings, road pavements, smell of old books, etc… I think UPD just lacks the “rural” and “camaraderie” feel of UPLB. :) The walk through different buildings was like a “walk to remember”. Some images of things, persons and experiences were flashing back in my mind. Well, the walk was quite tiring but I enjoyed it very much. I used to walk in UPLB then. It was like I’m having “field trips” every day.hehe :) (Actually, I miss the “walking sessions” with my dorm mates or blocmates.)

Some memorable remembrances are:
  • the smell of old books in the main library – I used to stay in the UPLB main library before and I really love the smell of old books even if it was one of the probable cause of my rhinitis.hehe I don’t know but that “old-book-smell” gives me a different natural high…parang rugby!hehe
  • red-floorwax-polished-floor – I love the feel of “gliding” my sneakers on the red-floorwax-polished-floor. I remember the red-floorwax-polished-floor in my college dorm.
  • College of Education and College of Law were the buildings I visited when I was in highschool – I remembered I found a good reference book about graft and corruption in the College of Education library for my social studies paper. I got a copy of a republic act on organ donation at the College of Law for another social studies paper.
  • familiar trees especially the palm trees I saw in NSRI – I used to memorize the names of those trees before because in UPLB most of the trees have “labels” complete with its respective scientific names. I wouldn’t forget the lined up palm trees from Carabao Park to Humanities building and from CHE (College of Human Ecology) building to PhySci (Physical Sciences) building.
  • Lab rooms in the PAV1, PAV2, PAV3 buildings – I remember my Chem and Physics labs before…wearing of lab gown made me feel like I’m a doctor and doing different strange experiments made me feel like I’m a scientist/physicist!hehe
  • ROMVLO HALL – I used to wonder how to pronounce ROMVLO when I was in highschool… hehe it was the first UP Diliman building I saw then… it’s the first building you’ll see when the jeep from Katipunan enters UP campus.
  • Walk along R. Magsaysay road – I remembered my journey in finding the unpopular CSRC building to inquire about ITTC. From R. Magsaysay road to CSRC building is quite a long walk. :)
  • CHE (College of Home Economics) building – It has the same initials with our college… College of Human Ecology! And besides, a good friend is also from CHE (College of Home Economics)… confusing di ba? Both colleges produce brilliant nutrition graduates.hehe :)
With all these remembering thoughts, once again I thank God for giving us memory! Good thing He thought of putting that “memory” feature in human beings. :) I really appreciate memory these past weeks! But most of the time, we are forgetful people. Forgetful on the blessings we received and the mistakes we made. May God help us remember the blessings we receive each day and give us wisdom to learn from the mistakes we make! Happy remembering! :)

No comments: