Tuesday, November 01, 2005

mindset

When I was in college I used to have a countdown for sembreak and summer vacation. I was always homesick then so it's some kind of a mind game I play to ease my homesickness problem. I was thinking then to invent a pill that will cure homesickness...hehehe :) It's true that 'necessity is the mother of all inventions'. :) A college friend used to encourage me with her quotable quote: "It's all in the mind."
Last Sunday I remembered her friendly advice during the message of our pastor. When we are faced with problems God has an offer we can't refuse but often do -- "Cast all your cares on him for he cares for you." (1 Peter 5:7) We can choose to cast all our burdens to God or just keep it to ourselves. We have an option to look at our problems from our own perspective or to look at it from a 'galactic point of view'. This is where our mindset matters. It's an amazing thought to look at our problems from a 'galactic point of view'. It's like this...Milky Way is one of the billions of galaxies God created. Solar system is one of the systems in the Milky Way. The earth is one of the nine planets orbiting around the sun in the solar system. And human beings are just a tiny dot on the earth. So how big is your problem anyway? It's interesting to note the word 'cast'. It literally means 'to throw', 'to dump'. God is offering us His broad shoulders. He can carry all of our problems. Why would we cast our burdens to Him? The logic is: He cares for us. God is mindful of the every detail of our lives. This doesn't mean that we will not do our part to solve our problems. God has given us intellect. We should do our best and let God do the rest. There's a different kind of peace we experience when we cast our burdens to Him. Philippians 4:6-7 says "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." It's peace in the midst of a storm which is also scientifically true.
I was struggling to change my mindset for this week. You see, I was thinking of 'comfort' and 'to relax' but something came up that changed my plans. God cheered me up when He reminded me of a sandwich spread TV commercial, "Isipin mo na lang..." In this case..."Isipin mo na lang na God's plan 'yan!" Wow, I'm getting excited na! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gagaya ako...
*Imagining shobe telling achi*
Isipin mo na lang achi kay ---
hehehe
Wag na lang
ANG KULIT! hehehe