Tuesday, February 21, 2006

lately

I found myself singing (in my mind) a love song on my way to work this morning.
I was singing...
Have I told you lately that I love you?
Have I told you there's no one else above you
You fill my heart with gladness,
Take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles
That's what you do...

Well, I was singing it for God. :) Lately, I've been anxious for no reason at all that I forgot to tell Him how much I love Him. :) I remembered an insight of a friend I've met in a recent retreat I attended. She called it the "I love you too phenomenon". "I love you too" because God is always saying "I love you" to us. So our response should be "I love you too, God!". :)

"For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, will be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 8:38-39 NASB

No comments: