Thursday, February 23, 2006

timing

It's amazing to learn God's timing little by little.  With all the clutter in my mind and heart I can't fully look at things in God's perspective.  Days passed with streak of anxiety and silent grumblings.  These are bad symptoms huh.  Thankfully, God gave me a much needed heart check-up last weekend. :) 
 
I found myself singing (again?!) yesterday while at work.  God is great in giving songs to sing at the right moment.
I was singing...
Shower me with your love
Shower me with the love
That I long for
Shower me with your love
Shower me with the love
I've been waiting for
 
It was some kind of a prayer.  We love because He first loved us (1 John 4:19). :)
 
Speaking of timing, I read yesterday's devotional in the Purpose Driven Life website entitled "Time Zones and Faith".  God's timing is really perfect.  According to the devotional, there are two different time zones going on when it comes to correlating God's will and our experience -- My Desperate Time (MDT) and the other, God's Own Time (GOT).  It says, "So faith is mostly all about time zones.  When you pray, know that you were heard, and move ahead, believing in GOT and just maybe, MDT won't be so desperate."
 
"For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

No comments: