Saturday, April 15, 2006

scattered thoughts

weekend getaway
We went to batangas a weekend before holy week for my uncle’s birthday celebration. Though quite reluctant to go, I’ve learned not to trust my feelings all the time and besides I don’t want to be left alone in the house. I had a great time – not so much with the beach but with the scenery, my dad’s old camera, the night skies and the drive in the countryside (I’m just a relaxed passenger at the back!). hehe :) God is gracious!

song lines thoughts
“…and I won’t last a day without you”
I was one ride away from home one evening and was looking at the night sky when this song line popped in my mind. :) I remember it was not last song syndrome. I guess God was just reminding me that I won’t last a day without Him.

“could you be my number 2?”
An officemate of mine used to play this song teasing another officemate of mine that this song would make good background music for her long overdue wedding. I used to think that it’s not right for a guy to ask this question to a girl. But after a while, I think I would gladly say “yes” when a guy would ask me this question…if and only if he would say that Jesus is his number 1…hmm what a nice love triangle, huh? :)

honeybee attack, etc.
It started with what I thought was a harmless visit of a few honeybees in my mom’s little garden. Hay, maraming namamatay sa maling akala. Few honeybees became a colony! My mom tried to drive them away with fire but they keep on coming back. We’re not that sweet naman ha. :) Hopefully they were gone for good na. I was reminded by God’s stubborn love…even when we’re trying to drive him away most of the time, he never lets us go (without forcing himself to us). He’s just there patiently waiting for us.

Our pet animals are taking to heart God’s command to “go and multiply”. Our pet fish gave birth to three tiny fingerlings. And based on our observations, the mother fishes are on their way for nth fingerling(s). Our lady love bird is nursing a chick. Supposedly it should be two but the other one didn’t make it. While cleaning one of our windows, we found out cracked egg shells of lizard (I suppose, I’m not so sure). Hmm…I haven’t checked if we have new frog, butterfly, or even snake in our backyard. Hehe :)

How do you love me? Let me count the ways…
Well, sometimes I just forget to count the ways God is expressing his love for me… just want to thank Him for the weekend getaway, once in a while one-liner reminders, thoughts from circumstances and most of all for giving his one and only son, Jesus! :)

No comments: