Wednesday, April 05, 2006

do you love me?

I asked him this question almost four years ago when nothing seems going right in my life.  Then I got the chance to reflect on this question in a retreat almost two years ago.  That time it was him asking me the same question.  Of course my answer was yes.  But then he asked me thrice.  I was hurt just like Peter (John 21:15-17).  Who wouldn't be hurt when the person you really love is doubting your love for him?  Suddenly, I stop and think deeply.  Do I really love him?  I mean, really love him and not his gifts...love him whatever it takes...love him when bad things happen.  Hmmm...
 
I was reminded again of this question last Sunday.  What is that one thing that keeps me from loving him with all of my heart?  2 Chronicles 16:9a says, "For the eyes of the LORD move to and fro throughout the earth that He may strongly support those whose heart is completely His."  May every piece of my heart be completely His.  :)

No comments: