Friday, March 31, 2006

how's my love life?

Good question to ask for this week! :) 
 
Actually, I had a funny story to tell.  I was with a group last Monday night and we were sharing how our week was and what God has been teaching us for the past week.  I was sharing about what I've learned about "love" relationships when a friend asked, "so may love life ka pala?"  I confidently replied, "oo naman, may love life ako!"  He was shocked!  He even asked, "taga dito ba sya?"  It turned out that he thought that I was referring to a human being while I was speaking of my "love" relationship with God.  We had a good laugh! :)
 
I've been considering many things in life lately.  It seems that I want to do a lot of things.  As I was reading a book last night, or I mean, very early this morning, I came to a section "Whom do you love?"  Ah, love life again!  In that section, Mother Teresa was asked what they could pray for her.  She requested that her love for the poor would not eclipse her love for Jesus.  The word 'eclipse' jumped out of the page!  Well, what a timely reminder.  Whatever cause may motivate us, let this be our prayer: that NOTHING would eclipse our love for Jesus and that nothing would ever interrupt his love for people, love that Jesus desires to flow through us to others.
 
A lot of good things to do in life.  Maximus said in Gladiator, "What we do in life echoes in eternity."  Aha, I think I need some refocusing here.  Only one life will soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

kasi timely ung word na ECLIPSE? the moon, eclipse in china... aba feeling ko may kasama na yang dream of orions, dobsons... ano ba naintindihan ko dun sa usapan na yun? =)

tine said...

very timely... God is just pressing "check" buttons. di ba nga He is a jealous God. :)