Thursday, March 16, 2006

getting ready

An office mate sent a forwarded email with subject title "bus incident at ayala ave. last 03.13.2006 [mag-ingat sa pagtawid]".  The email contains pictures of a man lying in the middle of the road with his head flat (looks like deflated tire) and his brain on the road.  [sorry for those who are eating.]  Anyway, my office mate was trying to put a joke on us because he sent it few minutes before lunch time.  But seriously, he commented, "sana ready na yung soul nya...hindi mo talaga alam kung kailan ang oras mo.
 
It's quite strange today in the office.  People are in their smart casual attire (though it is a company policy).  All the house lights are open, utility personnel are sweeping the floor and wiping the surfaces all the time, tables are neatly arranged, etc..  The occasion: We have "visitors" today.
 
My reflections for the past week were related to this...dwyl, getting ready, purpose of this God-given life that I have.
I was reminded again to be careful in crossing the streets (well, I just celebrated my street accident's 5th monthsary last week!).  I was reminded to be ready at all times...ready to share the hope that I have to others, ready to face God when my time comes.
 
I pray that God will find me faithful...someday, I hope to hear Him say, "Well done, my good and faithful servant!" :)
 
 

No comments: