Thursday, March 09, 2006

hide

"Truly, You are a God who hides Himself, O God of Israel, Savior!" Isaiah 45:15
 
I stumbled upon this verse in one of my readings this week.  It's comforting to know that Isaiah wrote it.  It means I'm not alone feeling that way towards God.  Sometimes I'm thinking that it would be better if God will answer our questions, point by point.  In this way, we will not be left hanging in the air.  But, if He will, then we will cease on trusting Him. :)  I remember Philip Yancey's Where Is God When It Hurts?  People wants to know where is God in times of difficulties, trials, suffering and pain.  It's like we're looking for Superman when something went wrong.  God's ways are different from ours.  He works in mysterious ways.  He is there, He promised, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."
 
"You are my hiding place; You preserve me from trouble; You surround me with songs of deliverance." Psalm 32:7
 
This is the reference verse of an old favorite praise song of mine...You are my hiding place, you always feel my heart with songs of deliverance, whenever I am afraid I will trust in you... I used to sing this song when I feel afraid and alone in the dark.  :)
 
"You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:13
 
God promised and He is faithful.  "...when you search for Me with all your heart" is the only condition to find Him.  The problem with me sometimes is I want to find Him but I don't seek Him.  :)
 
 
Just a needed reminder for myself. :)

No comments: