Tuesday, August 01, 2006

various

Exam
Since I left my work two months ago, I've been experiencing new things. Welcome adjustments! I got used to wake up earlier than my usual wake up time. I'm learning to stay awake for a total of 8-hour lecture a day. Adjusting to different personalities of my classmates is another thing. Driving to school is quite a challenge. And most of all, there are inevitable exams! It's like you want to sing James Ingram's "I did my best but my best wasn't good enough.." everytime the test results are posted on the bulletin board. It's like a famous movie title "Tinimbang ka ngunit kulang!" Hehe :) It's just that I thought about God. Thank God for all the new things He's giving me and all the lessons I'm learning from these. Good thing He's a good God. :) I just thought that life is just a series of exams (as what Rick Warren mentioned in The Purpose Driven Life). There are patience exam, love exam, faithfulness exam, kindness exam, etc. And I hope that I would past each and every exam. Hehe :)
*******************
Traffic... Traffic... Traffic...
Patience is a virtue, so they say. Traffic is one of those "patience-busters". I'm getting used to this traffic but it never fails to trigger my not-so-long temper. Hehe :) This afternoon is the traffic-est of all. I tried every route going home from Diliman. Good thing I'm quite familiar with the alternate routes (thanks to our city atlas!). But... it's traffic everywhere! It took me about two hours to go home instead of the usual 1 hour ride. I thought of some wild ideas how to get home faster... I thought it would be better if there's a technology where I could make my car to a pocket-size one so I could put it in my pocket and I will just walk... or I wish there's a technology in the car where there's a button for wings and rocket (ala Back to the Future car!). Hay... I think I went home not losing my sanity thinking of ways to get home faster. Hehe :)
*******************
Nihongo
If there's one subject I'm enjoying the most this quarter.... it's quite unexpected but it's my Japanese class every morning. Haha, I expected it to be difficult at first but so far I'm enjoying... So desu ka! I think there's a teacher factor also. I appreciate my Japanese language teachers. It's like I want to be a teacher also! Hehe :)
It's quite difficult and so my other subjects but... Ganbatte kudasai! :)

No comments: