Saturday, August 19, 2006

ask for more?

Sometimes I tend to think that I deserve more in this life. Thank God He’s quick to bring me back to reality. Who deserves more? I don’t deserve anything but He’s just so gracious allowing me to experience good things…the air that I breathe, my great family, wonderful friends, techie gadgets, cute Suzuki, good books, my favorite comfy rubber slippers, a box of flat tops chocolate, good food – fried tilapia with atsara, ramen noodles, German franks and fried rice, homemade pizza and spag, etc., etc., etc………

Sometimes (or most of the time?) I’m just forgetful to count all the blessings God is giving to me. How great is God’s love lavished on us! What a wonderful God!

Dear Lord, how I long for contentment. Help me to be thankful not only for what I have received, but for what I have escaped. Teach me to think of yesterday without regret and tomorrow without fear as I learn to have an attitude of gratitude. Amen.

*********

My guitar has no strings now. I decided to remove its more-than-6 years-almost-corroded strings. Nothing is really permanent in this world huh?! Anyway, as I’m looking at my stringless guitar, I thought “what’s the use of having a guitar without strings?” And then God reminded me, “what’s the use of living life without Christ?” :)

*********
Pics...


Sunset last May 19, 2006...currently my cellphone's wallpaper... hay, how great is our God! :)








Almost full moon last May 10, 2006... another "hay, how great is our God! :)"








"Traffic jam" -- some days I wish I could carry the car in my pocket or have "ala Back To The Future car"... hehe :)

another past-time during heavy traffic -- take some pictures!!!

No comments: