Friday, September 01, 2006

Psalm 23

One of my favorite chapters in the book of Psalms.
Well, I memorized this Psalm since my elementary days. It's amazing how God reminds me of this verses in different instances...
when feeling of discontentment creeps in... The Lord is my Shepherd, I shall not want.
when feeling tired and weary... He maketh me to lie down in green pastures, he leadeth me beside still waters.
when I've tried everything to be refreshed... He restoreth my soul.
when walking alone in a street at night (feeling afraid)... Yea, though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no evil for thou art with me. Thy rod and thy staff, they comfort.
hmmm...I've been thinking when did God reminded me of verse 5... anyway, the phrase "my cup runneth over" reminds me of God's grace, giving us what we do not deserve... and the song "Cry On My Shoulder" by Overflow band.
an awesome statement of David's intimacy with God -- Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life, and I dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
It's good to memorize verses because it's so helpful in times of temptation and struggles. I think I need some review on my memory verses and I have to add some more. I lack discipline lately.

No comments: