Thursday, September 07, 2006

how to mend a broken heart

I went to a book fair recently and bought a book with this title, "How to Mend a Broken Heart" by Nelson Dy. It's Mr. Dy's second book after his "Finding Comfort". Basically, the author shared in his book how God saw him through his struggles in mending his broken heart. It's an easy-read...about 133 pages. I liked his one-liners after every chapter. Very honest. It would be interesting to read a book like this from a woman's point of view. Hmmm...

Just want to share a prayer found in the book (page 54)...
"O Lord, You are the One who had mapped out my life. I pray that while my love life is zero, O Lord, turn the page. Since I know that You have plans for me, plans not to harm me, but to give me a future and a hope, I pray may there be someone for me ahead. And as You turn the page of my life, You will smile."

I like the last line... may God smile as he turns the pages of my life. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw..i like this one, too! i'm also going to link this along with Love in October :) Thanks again

-honeyb