Monday, December 25, 2006

All I Want For Christmas

First week of December:
This line of a Christmas song “all I want for Christmas is my two front teeth” popped in my mind. Hmmm… I wonder, “all I want for Christmas is ____________.” Actually, I was planning to conduct a mini-survey with my family and friends but it didn’t materialize. The “ala-Ms. Universe-question” would have been: “If God would only grant one (1) Christmas wish of yours, what would it be?”

Hmmm… I wonder what would be the survey answers: sports car (color: red)? new laptop? new mp3 player? new cellphone? house and lot? new boyfriend or girlfriend? new techie gadget?

Third week of December:
Quite busy in school… can’t think of that one thing I want for Christmas. First day of Christmas vacation... I saw the Jollibee ad (Aga and Charlene with their twins) on TV:
Andrea (girl): (sounds like babytalking) “Andres, what’s your Christmas wish?”
Andres (boy): (seems like thinking) “We have a mommy, we have a daddy… what more could we wish for?”
This “kid talk” stuck in my mind for quite a while. (Thanks to my dear brother who mimicks Andrea’s line for the nth time!) I just found some wisdom in Andres’ answer… Be thankful with what you have, learn to appreciate things… Another thing is the word “more” reminded me of a not so old Christian worship song, “More Love, More Power, More of You in my life…” Alas! I think this would be my answer to my survey question… just in time for Christmas.

It’s Christmas Day today! Thank God for His amazing love for us that He thought of sending us the greatest gift of all, His one and only Son, to save us from our sins! May we not forget the reason for the season, the birthday celebrant, our Lord and Savior – Jesus!:)

Have a blessed merry CHRISTmas! :)

No comments: