Sunday, April 20, 2008

Tour Of the Fireflies 2008

My brother and I decided to join the Tour Of the Fireflies this year.
Here's the route (as far as I can remember):

1. Tiendesitas - Starting Point
2. J. Vargas Ave.
3. San Miguel Ave.
4. Shaw Blvd.
5. Pioneer St.
6. Boni Ave.
7. Maysilo
8. San Francisco St.
9. Coronado St.
10. Makati-Mandaluyong Boundary Bridge
11. P. Burgos Ext.
12. Makati Ave.
13. Sen. Gil Puyat Ave. (Buendia Ave.)
14. Roxas Blvd.
15. South Blvd.
16. Parade Ave.
17. Quirino Grandstand - Stopover
18. Katigbak Drive
19. Padre Burgos Ave.
20. Ayala Blvd.
21. P. Casal
22. Legarda
23. Nicanor Reyes
24. EspaƱa
25. Quezon Ave.
26. Timog Ave.
27. East Ave.
28. Quezon City Hall - Stopover
29. Kalayaan Ave.
30. Kamias Road
31. Anonas
32. Aurora Blvd.
33. A. Bonifacio
34. Riverbanks Mall parking street
35. C5 Marikina
36. E. Rodriguez Jr. Ave. (C5)
37. Tiendesitas - End Point

Most of the participants used mountain bikes. We only have Japan-surplus bikes. I personally enjoyed the bike tour. I couldn't believe that we were biking in the major streets in the metro. The roads where I enjoyed the tour most were Boni underpass, Buendia Ave., Roxas Blvd., and flyover going to Marikina. Though I was just a bit shocked by the uphill climb in J. Vargas at the start of the tour, I managed to finish the route by God's grace. It was tiring especially for the not-so-athletic people like me. Towards the last leg of the tour, my leg muscles were tired already and there were still several uphill roads along the way. It was just a sort of "mind" game for me. I saw some people taking their own stopovers. I was tempted to make a stop also but I think I would be having a difficult time going back to the track again. I just keep telling to myself Walt Disney's quote, "Keep moving forward".

I realized the importance of training. I need more practice. Practice, practice, practice. Practice makes permanent. :)

No comments: