Sunday, July 20, 2008

Borrowed time

We were on our way to church earlier this morning when we encountered a traffic jam along Amang Rodriguez Avenue. I was quite irritated by the traffic. My irritation was turned to mixed emotions when I was able to catch a glimpse of the cause of the traffic jam. What I saw is a woman lying on the ground beside a motorcycle. Then men were trying to carry the woman to a car and I supposed they will bring the woman to a nearby hospital.

When I saw that situation, my mind was filled with flashback images. I also had a street accident about 3 years ago. I realized I was living on a "borrowed time" for almost 3 years now. I suddenly have a quick evaluation of my so-called "borrowed life". God reminded me once again that I don't have complete control over my life. He's the boss. He could take it away anytime so I should live a meaningful life.

No comments: