Friday, April 01, 2005

"sad" feeling again?!!

I was feeling down these days without any known particular reason. I was just feeling down. That’s it! It’s like nothing significant really happening in my life now. I was like a wounded soldier waiting for someone to care for me. Ah, another emotional roller coaster ride, I guess. Then just before lunchtime, a friend asked for prayers and encouragement. I just thought, I am “wounded” now, how could I give encouragement to her. I prayed for her and it seems that my “wounds” are getting healed. I am beginning to feel some sort of strength coming into my being.

As I was looking through the glass window of our office, a thought came into my mind. I remembered an illustration I read somewhere before. There is a wounded soldier (I can’t remember exactly if he is a soldier) and people are asking help from him. He ignored them and he became weaker. He thought, “how could I be of help if I am wounded myself?” But the next time, he helped those who are asking for help. And he was surprised that his wounds are getting healed and he is getting stronger.

I remembered of the “wounded healer” mentioned in Nelson Dy’s “Finding Comfort”. 2 Corinthians 1:3-4 says, “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God.”

I was also reminded by Isaiah 53:5 “…by his wounds we are healed.” Jesus suffered and died to save us from our sins. Thank you, Jesus! Now, we are healed! I should say now… I am healed! --March 31, 2005

No comments: