Friday, December 30, 2005

More

The chorus of Matthew West's song “More” sings:

I love you more than the sun
And the stars that I taught how to shine
You are mine
And you shine for me too
I love you yesterday and today and tomorrow
I’ll say it again and again
I love you more



I was reminded by God’s unfailing love towards mankind. “…and thought of me above all” is my favorite line in another song. God loves us more than we could imagine. I usually say “I love you, Jesus” whenever I want to express my love for Him and now I could imagine Him replying, “I love you more!”

They say it is during Christmas season that there is a high suicidal rate. They say it is because of the cold weather, busyness of people, etc. I really don’t know why. I had my down seasons this year and sometimes felt alone and left out. But God is reminding me of His great love everywhere – look at the sun, sky, trees, birds in the air, rainbow.

Speaking of rainbow, I have this chance to see one the other day from the window of our office. I haven’t seen a rainbow for quite sometime and I was again reminded of God’s faithfulness even if I’m kinda whining why I still have to go to work while everybody else are having their vacation. :) My officemates said there was a rainbow again yesterday but I wasn’t able to see it. Maybe God is just reiterating His faithfulness again because I’m kinda whining again yesterday?! Hehehe :)

Early this week I had a chance to splurge on books because of book sale. It is as if “I want more (books)!” is playing in the tape recorder of my mind all this time. Actually I had some “deliberation moments” just before I went to the cashier, I was thinking carefully what books I have to leave (due to my limited budget). Good thing I got enough discounts to buy the book I was supposed to leave. Thank God! :)

May these new books of mine draw me closer to God and not the other way around (I’m kinda OC with books). I pray that I would really say to God from the bottom of my heart – “I love you more than my books and my mp3s and my gadgets and my life, I love you yesterday and today and tomorrow I’ll say it again and again I love you more!” :)

No comments: