Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Brewing thoughts

"They say you never know what you got till it's gone" has been playing in my mind for few days now. This line of Tobymac's Gone song was quite a theme for the past holiday. It's just a reminder for me to really appreciate every moment that I spend with my loved ones. :)

When someone or something is gone, there's sort of detachment period. It's like a span of time when you process your feelings and thoughts. Detachment from things is quite easy because you could buy a replacement (though the original one is really irreplaceable). You can't find a replacement for a person.

"Tell me what you want, what you really really want" is one of the lines in an entertainment park's radio ad. I think it's an adaptation from one of the Spice Girls' song. It made me think somehow of what I would really really want. Sometimes you pray for something and when God grants your prayer, you say to yourself, "Do I really want that?" This thought reminded me of a quotation from Henry Blackaby: "Oh God, if I ever give You a request and You have more to give me than I am asking, cancel my request!" :)

"Yung Ferrari na may spoiler, yung pinakadulo sa right!" -- this is a portion of my brother's text message to me this afternoon. He was asking me to buy him a Ferrari. I smiled when I read his message. I could imagine he's like a child pointing to the toy he wants to buy. Well, technically it's a toy. He heard that I would gas up the car on my way home so he's asking me to go to the gas station with that Ferrari promo. With additional 49 pesos to a certain amount of gas you'd buy and you could avail of the Ferrari ala matchbox or hotwheels toy. I was quite new in the gas station so I don't know their products' name. I just remembered asking the gas boy to just gas up my car and give me that Ferrari with spoiler in the farthest right (of the promo poster). Too bad it was out of stock and the gas boy just gave me another model of Ferrari. I asked the gas boy if there's any way I could get that Ferrari with spoiler. (You know, I'm just a 'big' sister who doesn't want to disappoint her 'little' brother.hehe) The gas boy seemed to see the desperation on my face so he suggested that I could drop by the gas station tomorrow and he himself would replace the one he gave me with the Ferrari with spoiler. :) I was glancing at the Ferrari toy while driving through the traffic. I was hoping that my brother would be happy with this model. Well, he looked first for the Ferrari when I came home. I explained that the one with spoiler was out of stock. He looked at the toy car and said it's okay, he doesn't have that model yet. (Whew! That was good to hear!) Now, 2 more models to go to complete the collection. Whaah! :) Just an afterthought, if a not-so-good-all-the-time sister like me would love to see her brother happy, how much more a so-good-all-the-time God would love to see us happy. Sometimes what we think would really make us happy is not really what would really make us happy. :)

1 comment:

neo said...

how about you tin?

what is it that you want, that you really really want?

what is it that makes you happy?