Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Will you still love me? Hard habit to break

I appreciate "oldies but goodies" songs. Most of the oldies songs sound familiar to me but I don't know the song title or the artist. I discovered that some of the oldies songs I like are originally sung by Chicago. Sometimes I feel like I'm a failure and I made so many mistakes that God would not love me anymore. During those times I like to sing this line to God, "will you still love me for the rest of my life?" But then I'm reminded that God loved me as I am, in my best times or even in my worst times. Paul says in Romans 8:38-39, "For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord."

While listening to "Hard habit to break" song, I'm thinking what's my hard habit to break. After thinking for a while, I guess waking up late in the morning is my hard habit to break. I accept now that I'm not a morning person.hehe.

Driving observations

Here I go again, talking about my favorite subject: Driving. Driving sometimes drives me crazy.hehe. Welcome traffic jam! I was left wondering last week why I experienced traffic on my way to work. I forgot that 2nd semester has started already. I believe that Filipino people are flexible in different situations. During traffic jams, a two-lane road could be a three-lane one. I think "If there's a will, there's a way" principle is being applied by most drivers. Even if there's only little space available, most of the drivers try to have their cars get through. Some drivers cannot distinguish between left and right. Some would flash their left signal but then they go to their right. (Sometimes this makes me doubt if I'll give way or not.hehe.) Others are undecided which lane they would go. When I'm trailing an undecided driver I feel like saying Moses' speech on Deuteronomy 30:19 -- "...I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life..."

I encountered traffic again on my way to the office this morning. But I enjoyed my journey, I put on Switchfoot's Nothing is Sound CD (thanks ate jolly!). Though there were instances that made me a little impatient, generally I believe I passed my Patience 101 test today.hehe. After playing almost 11 tracks and 3 repeats on track 2 ("Stars"), I finally arrived in the office.

With the recent oil price hike, I'm thinking if I could just ride a bike going to the office.hehe.

No comments: