Saturday, November 17, 2007

Secret Codes

It's really thrilling to know secret codes. I'm not a hard-core gamer but it's nice to know the secret codes of your favorite software game. Until now, I couldn't forget the secret code for 30 lives in Contra (family computer game). It needs a little practice and right timing though. At the title screen, press Up-Up-Down-Down-Left-Right-Left-Right-B-A-B-A-Select-Start and voila you'll have 30 lives.

Just few minutes ago, I read a blog entry in Techrepublic.com about some awesome tricks for 3D Pinball in Windows. The kid in me can't help but try the tricks. I remember back then that I wished there would be unlimited number of balls available for me to play the pinball. Well, after x number of years, my wish is finally granted.hehe. How? By typing bmax at the start of a new game, you get unlimited number of balls and play for as long as you like.haha.

After playing for more or less 100 balls in pinball and reached about 11M points, I got bored. My theory before that playing with unlimited balls will make me enjoy the game more is not true at all. 3D Pinball was designed to have just limited number of balls so as to pose a challenge to get as much points as you can and look forward for another game. :D

These secret codes are just short cuts. I was thinking that maybe it's cool to have "secret codes" in real life... like applying some secret codes to get what you want in life. It's wonderful to have secret codes to skip the "heavy traffic" part of my driving everyday.hehe. But then I'm reminded that God knows everything and He has a wonderful plan for us all. He designed life to have some adversities, some painful moments, some waiting times, and so on for us to grow. We just have to learn along the way, appreciate the "moment" and take time to smell the flowers. :)

No comments: