Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bubble thoughts

I like the concept of "bubble thoughts" in cartoons/comics. Sometimes I wish I could read other people's bubble thoughts.hehe. Since I can't read other people's bubble thoughts I'll just share some of my bubble thoughts during my meteor gazing (hehe hangover!).

Bubble thoughts:
- <"If they only knew..."> Our parents were sound asleep while my brother and I were enjoying the meteor shower. We put old plastic mats on the ground and we were lying on our backs ala "sun-bathing" or should I say "moon-bathing" or "star-bathing".hehe. It was a real planetarium experience! :)

- <"How many are you, stars?...What are your names?...Who is Gemini, Perseus, Orion, etc?...You (stars) look so small, you're even smaller than my hands"> Just some of my thoughts while waiting for the shooting stars to show up. I'm always left amazed whenever I gaze on the nightsky. I remember a verse in Psalms that says, "He determines the number of the stars and calls them each by name" (Psalm 147:4). In my perspective those stars look so small but if I look at the big picture, it was me who is small. Anyway, God knows each one, great or small and He cares for them. It was just an overwhelming event for me. :)

Sometimes it was not just bubble thoughts but bubble songs (hehe)...
Stars by Switchfoot... Open Skies by David Crowder Band... a fave hymn "How Great Thou Art"... How Great Is Our God by Chris Tomlin... and portions of a song "He's still working on me" - He's still working on me to make me what I ought to be / It took Him just a week to make the moon and the stars / The sun and the earth and Jupiter and Mars / How loving and patient He must be, He's still working on me.


No comments: