Sunday, December 02, 2007

Wonderful Wonder

Wonderful Wonder
by Ginny Owens

I don't know the ocean's crystal blue
And I don't climb the mountains for the view
Or wish upon the stars above my head
Or bear witness to a marvelous sunset

But the very thought of things I've never seen
Is all it takes to bring me to my knees

(chorus)
Oh what a wonderful wonder
A display of great beauty and power
Oh what a wonderful wonder
You are to me

I wish that I could see life through your eyes
To gaze upon the canvas from your side
To understand all that you've done before
And to realize the plans you have in store

And when I long to know what I don't see
You give me the courage to believe

(Chorus)

I can hardly wait until the time
When you will turn my darkness into light
And I'll finally find my way to heaven's door
Where I won't need my faith anymore

And when my eyes behold your majesty
I'll join with the angels and we'll sing

(Chorus)

===============================

This is one of my fave songs this past week. Listening to the song's lyrics makes me wonder. The songwriter, Ginny Owens, has been totally blind since the age of two. I was humbled by the first stanza of the song -- "I don't know the ocean's crystal blue / And I don't climb the mountains for the view / Or wish upon the stars above my head / Or bear witness to a marvelous sunset / But the very thought of things I've never seen / Is all it takes to bring me to my knees" What a great faith! Just the very thought of things she never seen is all it takes for her to be in awe of an awesome God. It's not always true "to see is to believe". The Pharisees saw the messiah but they did not believe Him.

Sometimes I'm so full of my "self" that I forget to see the beauty of creation and praise our wonderful Creator. But there are times when I'm driving and I see a nice cloud formation or a beautiful full moon that I just want to stop for a while and gaze upon its beauty. Oh what a wonderful wonder!

No comments: