Thursday, January 31, 2008

Blue Lone Star

I've been noticing this certain blue lone star for about 3 times in a row already. And I notice it every time I'm driving. It just pops up in my point of view when driving.hehe. Tonight when I arrived at our house I decided to take quite a long look at it and I noticed that it's really color blue. I wonder what star it is and what's its name. I don't want to leave questions hanging on my mind. I called up UP Observatory (FYI: It's operational 24 hours a day) and inquired if they know what is the name of the blue lone star. After some describing negotiations (hehe!)... I just described the star as blue and bright-looking star. The Observatory personnel asked if it has companion stars and if they form an equilateral triangle. (Oh no, is this geometry class?!hehe) Anyway, I noticed that the blue star has two other companion and they really form a triangle so I said yes. And the star name is.... Sirius! It is the brightest star. Also known as Canis Majoris. Sirius is commonly called the "Dog Star". Now I know! :) I browsed in the internet to verify the information and yes it's the Dog Star! (See wiki info.)

When somebody claims he/she is the brightest star... I will ask him/her, "Are you Sirius?" :)


No comments: