Thursday, October 27, 2005

waiting in vain?

I'm just amazed with this 'waiting' thing.
I think I've been doing this 'waiting' thing most of my life.
...I waited to come out to this beautiful world (I was borne 2 weeks later than my mom's expected date of delivery)
...waiting... - e.g. in jeepney terminal, in fx terminal, in fast food chain, entrance in malls, in getting cash from ATM, in logging-in/out in the office, in getting water from the dispenser, in heating the food in the microwave oven, in crossing the street, etc.
Sometimes, oh rather most of the time, it's kinda boring when you are on the 'waiting' side. It makes you think "am I waiting in vain?" especially when the 'waiting' time takes longer than expected. But I'm sort of learning the 'art of waiting'. You'll wait because you choose to wait. And why you will choose to wait? Because you believe you will have what you've been waiting for.
When I look back in the past I remembered two turning points in my life where I can say "it's worth the wait!". I'm thankful to God that I made a right choice to wait for His perfect timing.
I checked a concordance to look for the occurrence of the word 'wait' in the Bible. The list of passages with the word 'wait' is quite long. I was wondering why Solomon didn't include a line like "a time to wait and a time to stop waiting..." in Ecclesiastes. Hmmm... But it is interesting to note that the King James Version (KJV) used the word 'wait' while the New International Version (NIV) used the word 'hope'. 'Wait' and 'hope' used interchangeably? Hmmm...
Isaiah 40:31 (KJV) "but they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint." (NIV) "but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Lamentations 3:25 (KJV) "The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him." (NIV) "The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him."
I just remembered the heroes of faith in Hebrews 11. They all waited in one way or another. Verse 39: "These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised." What a great faith even if...
I will wait even if it'll take a lifetime.

No comments: