Saturday, October 08, 2005

another chance to live

I woke up few minutes earlier than usual on that blessed day. I’m trying my very best to be at least on time in every appointment (you see, I have 9AM appointments daily at work, hehehe). My brother had an 8AM class so we left the house at about 7:40 AM. Around 7:45 AM, I was sitting near the island of the road, my right shoe about two feet away from me, my world seemed to stop suddenly. No, I was not out of my head to do such a thing in the middle of the road, I was slightly hit by a car. I forgot that the police allowed a counter flow traffic at that time. I was so used to look at the right side when crossing that part of the street. By God’s grace, I’m just suffering from a sprained right foot and bruises. Is this another wake up call from God? Wake me up from what?

I’ve been contemplating on my life lately. I guess this is just another refining work of God in my life. Still don’t know what is God’s specific purpose at this time but I’m sure His plan is the best. For the mean time, I had some realizations…

…I’ll regard life as extra precious gift from God. When I can’t think of something to be thankful for, I’ll be reminded to thank God for the life He has given me, I’m still breathing and I’m alright.

…I’ll be extra loving and sweet to everyone. I’ll cherish each second whenever I’m with a person – may he/she be a family, friend, church mate, or even a stranger. I just don’t know when God will call me home.

…I appreciate Jesus’ sacrifice for me even more. I had this bruise on my leg and sometimes I can’t bear the pain when I’m putting antiseptic on it. I thought…this pain I can’t bear was nothing compared to the excruciating pain my Savior had suffered just to save me. O what an amazing love that is – He laid down His life for us!

…I felt extra loved by people. I thank God for the awesome love He showed me through those people who – sent text messages, called over the phone, visited me personally, assisted me in my daily needs, prayed for me. I thank you all for your love and concern. I really thanked God for making me feel extra significant these days. :)

Though what happened to me seems not good at this time, I still hold on to my life verse, Romans 8:28, that says:
“And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to His purpose.”

I just want to say, “thank you”
It’s all that I could say
Thank you, Lord, for loving me.

No comments: