Friday, September 30, 2005

when the feeling is gone

There are days when I feel so close to God.  It seems that I'm madly in love with Him.  Every single cell in my body is happy (sounds like a line in a song?!). It's like I'm holding hands with Him and feeling His warm hugs.  I can't get Him out of my head. Everywhere I go I feel His presence and I see Him in every little thing happening in my life.  But there are days when it seems that the feeling is gone.  I'm feeling blank.  I don't feel His presence...  I believe this is a time when God chooses to be silent.  Feelings should not be the basis.  As the Bible says, "the heart is deceitful above all things..."  We cannot trust our feelings.  It should not be the foundation.  Though I'm quite inexperienced in the matter of love, I've learned so far that love is a mixture of mind and heart.  When I don't feel loved by God, I just go back to His love letters to me found in His Word - The Bible.  "...the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever."  "Heaven and earth will fade but His word will still remain."  I will trust in His unfailing love...though I don't feel His presence, though He seems so far away, though I don't feel His warm hugs.  God always pursues us with His love, He is always the iniatiator.  Maybe He just wants us to pursue Him with our love but come to think of it, He is also the one giving us the feeling to love Him and pursue Him.  O, what a loving God He is!  So when the feeling is gone I would just remind myself...Jesus loves me this I know for the Bible tells me so... :)

No comments: