Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Anything goes...

Today is my brother's birthday!

Exactly a month after my birthday is my brother's birthday. It makes me feel that I'm just a month older than him.hehe. I don't know if my parents planned it to be like that but I find it amazing. Based from my mom's story it was me who didn't come out at the expected time. I was supposed to be borne two weeks earlier than my birthday. Well, I think I find it comfortable inside my mom's womb that I don't like to come out.hehe. I'm blessed to have my brother. It seems like I have an elder brother and a younger brother rolled into one. He grew up taller than me so almost everyone who meet us would ask my mom who is the elder one.hehe I always grin in those situations. He has moods and wake up sometimes feeling he's older than me. His current favorite line whenever I leave the house: "Tingnan mo dinadaanan mo, 'te!" (with a certain "kuya"-commanding tone). I know he's just concerned about me. Anyway, I greeted him already this morning but in case he's reading this - "Happy birthday, Nat!" :)

Driving update

Almost a week after writing my blog entry about driving, I've become extra "careful" with my temper whenever I drive. There was an instance when I almost lost my temper along Katipunan Ave. Hmm.. I already made up my mind that I would not be affected by traffic jams. I don't like to have high blood pressure and certainly don't like to look old because of being "high tempered".hehe.

Museum visit-plan

El Poeta del Color
Amorsolo in the Vargas Collection
June 18 - October 7, 2007
Kawilihan Gallery

"For the first time since the Vargas Museum was opened in 1987, all 57 Amorsolo paintings and drawings acquired by UP alumnus and Commonwealth period Executive Secretary Jorge B. Vargas will be featured in one exhibition." - excerpt from the article in U.P. Newsletter

I inquired in the Vargas Museum yesterday and I found out that entrance fee is P20 for UP, P30 for non-UP. Viewing hours 9AM - 4PM Tuesdays to Sundays. No cameras or video cameras allowed inside, even bringing of ballpen inside is also probihited. However, bringing of pencils is allowed (just in case you want to sketch Amorsolo's works on-the-spot. hehe!).

No comments: