Thursday, July 19, 2007

There's a bomb!

Our office guard got a phone call from an unknown guy who said there's a bomb planted in our office. Police responded and asked everyone to vacate the building. I didn't see the urgency in the face of my officemate as he put down the phone receiver so we thought it was just a fire or earthquake drill. I just realized that it was urgent when our office maintenance personnel came rushing in saying, "Pakibilis raw po sabi ng mga pulis." At once I got my bag and jacket and rushed down the stairs and out of the building.

Since we haven't eaten lunch yet, my officemates and I decided to eat lunch in a nearby canteen. When we went back, the police were still checking the premises. We decided to just sit and wait in a nearby bench. After two hours, we were advised that it was safe to go back in the building. Bomb scare.

No comments: