Saturday, March 19, 2005

2Ds

Discipline… Disappointment…

These are my two keywords for today.

I am disappointed with myself because I feel I lack discipline these days.
I always plan to do things but I always fail to do them.. it is like what Paul says in Romans 7:15 “I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do.”

It is like I’m just going with the flow of life.
I need to get back on track.. to run the race in order to win.
This time my plans should not be remain as plans only… I should do what I must do to get those plans be done.
But of course, it is still “not my will but His will be done.”

I was reminded by these verses…
Hebrews 12:1 “…let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entagles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.”
1 Corinthians 9:24-27 “…run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.”

I am refocusing my mind this time. I will beat my body and make it my slave.
I should fix my eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of my faith.
I will start tonight and I pray that God would grant me success.

Help me, God.

--March 16, 2005

No comments: