Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Forgetful Me

I am always cautious in remembering things – may it be birthdays, tasks, responsibilities, important dates, verses, places, etc.

Lately, I realized that my memory failed me many times. Yeah, I know, I am only human. But when I am faced with difficult and challenging circumstances, I easily lose heart and forget what God has done for me in the past. Oh, forgetful me!

When I remember God’s goodness and faithfulness in the past, I can’t help but worship and adore Him. I may not understand my situation then but now I really treasure those trying times.

The psalmist said in Psalm 77, “I remembered my songs in the night…I will remember the deeds of the Lord; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. Your ways, O God, are holy. What god is so great as our God?”

I pray that God will help me remember what He has done for me and especially His precious Son, Jesus, who is able to sympathize with my weaknesses.

No comments: