Wednesday, March 16, 2005

"sad" feeling

I was in a rush this morning.. I woke up late so I hurriedly fix myself up for work. All of a sudden my mom made a comment on me, “Nak, bakit mukha kang malungkot? Hindi ba sweldo mo ngayon?” I just smiled. I really love my mom for she has such a good timing in almost everything. I can’t think of a reason why I’m feeling sad today. I didn’t even notice it. But when my mom made that comment, I became puzzled and asked myself of questions like – “Why? Does my face look sad?” I spent my travel time (going to work) thinking and rationalizing this “sad” feeling that my mom saw on me. My thoughts… I’m kind of feeling tired physically? I look sad because an officemate has resigned already? I am kinda frustrated with the way I live my life lately? I’m disappointed with life itself?

I am again faced with choices… to wallow on this “sad” feeling (I don’t really know if the feeling actually exists) or to refocus my mind to something beneficial. As my mind is doing this sorting and processing of thoughts, God impressed other thoughts… 1 Thessalonians 5:18 “Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.” The “sad” feeling is still there but my mind is suddenly going to another direction. The verse is like a sudden change of wind direction that causes the sailboat to move to another direction. God keeps on giving me enlightening thoughts and songs to sing… because He lives I can face tomorrow (just when I’m thinking that I can’t go on anymore) …Lovely day song – “just one look to You and the world is alright… and I know it’s gonna be a lovely day!” (just when I’m feeling that this will be a bad day!) …Barbie’s cradle song “All I need” – “all I need is God!” (just when I’m looking for someone or something to inspire me or to cheer me up) …Josh Groban’s song “You raised me up” (a realization that God is the only one who could raise me up from this “sad” feeling).

I really thank God for all that He’s been doing in my life. I am fascinated how human brain can function like this – processing thoughts and ideas in just a small amount of time! Amazing! I just adored God for who He is! I praised and thanked God for making me feel that “sad” feeling. He made me realized that He is really a God who speaks to His children even in a most absurd way. O, why not? Now, I remembered that God even made a donkey speak to convey His message to Balaam! -- March 15, 2005

No comments: