Sunday, January 29, 2006

goodbye for NOW

January 28 was the last night of 98.7 FM NOW Radio (though the 98.7 DZFE Classical radio still remains on air). For almost three years of listening, it was quite saddening on my part. This radio ministry has been a tremendous blessing. Through NOW Radio, I was able to find my home church where I got to meet beautiful and caring people and it helps me in my spiritual walk. I was able to meet people who eventually became dear friends to me. I was introduced to a lot of Christian contemporary music and got acquainted with the ones I used to know and hear. There were a lot of memories for NOW radio.

Some of my all-time favorite songs I’ve heard from NOW Radio: 1) I Can Only Imagine by Mercy Me; 2) I Don’t Want To Go by Avalon (FYI: This song was used by God as a confirmation to a certain prayer concern…and I’m very grateful to God for the confirmation.); 3) Adore by Jaci Velasquez; 4) The Other Side Of The Radio by Chris Rice (FYI: This used to be a “routine” opening song on Tuesday night two years ago.); 5) More by Matthew West; 6) Breathe version by Michael W. Smith (FYI: This was one of my comfort songs during my “dark nights of the soul”.); 7) Draw Me Close To You by Vineyard (FYI: Another comfort song of mine.); 8) Go And Sin No More by Rebecca St. James; 9) Thank You by Katinas; 10) Imagine Me Without You by Jaci Velasquez.

There were some “unknown” songs that God used to relay His Word to me. These songs were played in perfect timing for a certain moment of spiritual need (as if God is singing the song for me).

(Sigh) It’s really difficult to say goodbye. (What’s good in goodbye, anyway?) I will definitely miss NOW Radio (sob, sob, sob…). But I believe that God has a purpose for everything. (My mom kidded me that maybe God wants me to sleep early in the evening and not early in the morning. hehe) How kind of NOW Radio to end their program last night with my current favorite song – Rescue by Desperation Band! I think I was smiling while sleeping…hehe. :) NOW is gone but THE EDGE is near. :)

No comments: