Saturday, January 07, 2006

Are you stuck in God's waiting room?

Are you stuck in God’s waiting room?

Okay, perhaps “stuck” is the wrong term. You’d prefer to say “caught,” “trapped,” or “held hostage.” Or maybe, just maybe, you need a different perspective on waiting….

Whatever you’re waiting on – job, family, finances, health, anything – it’s all under God’s very capable and completely loving control. And that dreaded “waiting room” is where He’ll teach you more and more of Himself, if only you’ll let Him.

This is an excerpt from the back cover of the book “You’re Late Again, Lord!” The Impatient Woman’s Guide to God’s Timing by Karon Phillips Goodman. Well, I saw this book in a bookstore while waiting to meet a friend. I was struck and convicted by the title. How often do I accuse God of being late? I can’t remember. Thank God He always reminds me that His timetable is different from mine. The best thing is…He is seldom early but never late.

Thank you God for reminding me on this. I was getting anxious this early in 2006 for no reason at all.

So why should I worry if I’m in the gentle loving arms of an Almighty God? :)

No comments: