Tuesday, January 10, 2006

wait

Lord,
I came into this wait lost, afraid,
and insecure and, worst of all, distant from You.
Yet You didn't leave me here alone.
You were always there at the end of my prayer,
waiting to catch me, hold me, teach me, grow me.
I know that every wait serves only one real purpose,
to move me closer to You.
Please help me to always wait purposefully,
because I can never be patient for
the next step that draws me nearer to You.
I can't wait.*
---------------------------------------------------------------
This prayer reminded me of my stay in God's waiting room before. I was getting restless and impatient then but God revealed things I wouldn't know if I didn't stay in His waiting room -- NOW Radio, Christ's Commission Fellowship, the joy of reading the Bible and other books as much as I want to, and lots of sleeping time. :)
Now, I think I'm in His waiting room again, getting restless, impatient and all, I'm learning to remember the things God taught me before and to always wait purposefully.
Right now, I need to pray this prayer...
Here is where I am, now, needing Your peace.
Here is where I stand still, waiting for You to help me.
Here is where I start to discover the purpose for my wait.
Here is where I worry no more, at least for this moment.
Here is my empty heart, given to You, Lord, to fill with peace.*
*these prayers are from "You're Late Again, Lord!" by Karon Phillips Goodman

No comments: