Monday, January 09, 2006

song lines reflection

There are some lines in songs that makes me stop and reflect for a while... leaving me in awe of God's love and inspiring me to carry on.
 
"...and thought of me, above all" - "Above all" (I'm not sure if this song is by Lenny LeBlanc or Paul Baloche or a collaboration)
I really appreciate this line.  I could picture Jesus in my mind...he was bruised and beaten and hanged on the cross but still he was thinking of me above all these things.  I could imagine Him looking straight to my eyes saying, "this is for you!"  "Does He still feel the nails every time I fail?" (song by Ray Boltz) crossed my mind...this makes me want to undo all the mistakes I've made.  Thank God for his amazing grace! :)
 
"...to live our lives responsibly" - "The Mission" by Steve Green
I've heard this song many many times.  I've seen the hand mime interpretation as well.  But lately, this line stuck in my mind.  "...to live our live responsibly..."  one powerful way to attract people to know Christ is to reflect His glory in our lives.  No one could deny the testimony of a changed life.  :)
 
"...pagkat sa isang taong mahal mo ng buong puso, lahat ay gagawin..." - a song by Sugarfree (Panday teleserye theme song)
This song got a lot of radio air play lately.  I've seen its MTV and heard it interpreted by a contestant in a singing competition last night.  But this particular line of the song made me think...if a person could do anything for the one he/she loves, how much more should we, Christians, do anything for God!  I remembered the Jesus Freaks, persecuted Christians, Hudson Taylor, David Livingstone, Corrie Ten Boom, Amy Carmichael...  this line reminded me of the greatest commandment, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart..." Mark 12:30  So if God is asking me to wait at this point in time, I will gladly wait. :)
 
Hay, I just find God sooo sweet lately.  I knew I would not regret loving Him. :)

No comments: