Thursday, August 23, 2007

Almost A Savior

I was able to watch "Ninoy" documentary the other night on QTV 11. As I was watching the documentary I had a feeling I was watching a modern-day documentary on Jesus' death. I don't know but I saw some similarities in the lives of Ninoy and Jesus...like both were falsely accused and beaten while in prison. But there were major differences also, unlike Ninoy, Jesus rose from the dead and he is a savior. I think Ninoy was just almost a savior. Ninoy's famous statement is "The Filipino is worth dying for." I'm grateful to Ninoy for the democracy and freedom that we have now. But then, this freedom of ours is only for this lifetime. God so loved the world that He gave His Only Son, Jesus, to die for our sins. Would Jesus say "the world is worth dying for"? I believe He already did when He said, "It is finished!" while hanging on the cross. The freedom that Jesus offers will last here and after. Have you accepted His offer?

No comments: