Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Earthquake or not

Sitting still, I saw my PC's monitor was moving. I was not moving in my chair but the monitor was still moving. I think it was an earthquake. I asked my officemate who's about 2 meters away from my desk if he felt the earthquake. He said no. "Was I just feeling dizzy or what?" To remove the nagging question in my head, I searched for the PHILVOLCS telephone number . I contacted PHILVOLCS and the operator connected me to the Seismology Department. The lady on the other line informed me that "yes, there was an earthquake, intensity 1 in Quezon City area, intensity 4 in Subic, intensity 3 in Clark and intensity 2 in Makati area." Yes, it was an earthquake, I thought I was just feeling dizzy.hehe :)

FYI: PHILVOLCS telephone number is 426-1468.

No comments: