Friday, August 05, 2005

eavesdropping accidentally

I use the elevator in our office building everyday.  In one of my usual trips in the elevator, I realized I’m actually eavesdropping to people’s conversations accidentally.  I didn’t deliberately listen to their different stories but what will I do, we are just less a meter apart.  Our office is located third from the top floor of the building so I am able to listen to a number of conversations.

Upon hearing their stories, some thoughts crossed my mind…

(Going up…) Two foreigners, a lady and a gentleman, were conversing in an unfamiliar language.  I’m not sure if it is Spanish or Portuguese.  (My thoughts:  How I wish I could also converse in a foreign language!  How I wish!)

(Going down…) Two middle-aged women were talking about how the sermon of a priest has touched their hearts.  From what I’ve understood, the topic was about the boy who gave his five loaves of bread and two fish (Jesus Feeds The Five Thousand story). One lady mentioned that she was amazed on the thought that you could offer God what you only have and He will multiply it.  (My thoughts: I’m reminded once again on the topic of giving.  I remembered the lady in the Bible who gave her last dime.  I remembered a portion of the song “I Offer My Life” – “…what can I give that You have not given, what do I have that is not already yours, all I possess is this life I’m living and that’s what I give to You Lord.”  There’s nothing too small or great in the hands of our Almighty God!  He’s just looking at our hearts.)

I wonder what I could learn from people’s conversations today.  I hope they would learn something from me too! =)

No comments: