Sunday, September 09, 2007

The Cost Of Brotherhood/Sisterhood

I think my blood pressure went up when I was watching the segment about hazing in Jessica Soho's show last night. I was angry and I think I could cut into pieces those cruel people who were so mean in inflicting pain to their would-be brod or sis. I was thinking if I'm the only one who is so slow in understanding the rationale of this useless initiation rite. I can't really comprehend the reason behind it. Is hazing the only way to be accepted in a brotherhood/sisterhood?

Good thing God (the Master) doesn't have any policy like hazing in order for a person to be accepted in His family. Just a repentant heart and faith on His Only Son and you're in. Great! Isn't it a better offer?

I remember this verse when I was burning in anger and want to cut into pieces those cruel people: "Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord." - Romans 12:19 (KJV)

Afterthought: I just thought it wasn't that easy to belong in God's family. We should "die" as a penalty for our sins in order for us to be reconciled with God
(Romans 6:23). However because of God's love... for God so loved us that He gave His only Son (Jesus) to be our substitute (John 3:16). I just imagined that Jesus accepted all the blows and pain that should've been for me. I thank God for loving me. :)

No comments: