Wednesday, September 05, 2007

PBP GINF WMY

What in the world those letters mean? No, I haven't gone from Mars and learned a new language.hehe. Last Sunday, ushers in our church wore pin-buttons with printed letters of "PBP GINF WMY". Our pastor "decoded" the message of those letters. "Please Be Patient God Is Not Finish With Me Yet". We're learning more about love as God commanded. It's kinda easy to love the lovable people but it's a totally different story in loving the difficult and unlovable people. We are all "work in progress" until we meet our Creator and have our glorified bodies.

In applying the lesson I've learned last Sunday, I try to think that each vehicle in the road has its own PBP GINF WMY pin-buttons. Whenever I'm sensing that I'm getting annoyed or irritated because of a certain vehicle's behavior, I remind myself to be patient. 1 Thessalonians 5:14b flashing in my mind - "Be patient with everyone." :)

Striking line of our pastor: "Life is not about our happiness, our fulfillment...Life is not about us, it's all about God." I remember the book I read entitled "It's Not About Me" by Max Lucado. It talks about the shift we have to make in our lives, from living a self-centered life to a God-centered one. As the moon reflects the sun's light, we, Christians, should reflect the glory of God's Son. We should be Son-reflectors.

Caution: When you're getting annoyed or irritated because of me, please remember I'm also wearing that "PBP GINF WMY" pin-button. Please let me know also so I would take note. ;)

No comments: